Medatest’s Spring™ SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) Antigen Rapid Test Cassette is an all-in-one kit configured for testing nasal swab samples freshly collected, processed and dispensed directly onto an assay test device. It provides easy-to-understand results using the immunochromatographic method directly on the device in circa 10 minutes, without reference to outside laboratories or complex equipment.
Medatest Spring™ Antigen Rapid Test
The test is a rapid (approximately 10 minutes) immunochromatographic for the direct detection of the presence or absence SARS CoV 2 antigens in respiratory specimens taken from patients. The test is for professional In Vitro Diagnostic Use and is administered under the supervision of healthcare professionals.
- No analyzer required.
- 10 minutes to test results.
- Specificity 99.9%; Sensitivity 96.17%; Overall Accuracy 98.7%.
- Can detect virus on 1st day of infection.
- Easy to read and simple to administer.
- Day 1 to 5 accuracy 94.31%.
- FDA approval pending – likely available in USA 6 – 8 weeks.
- CE Mark approved.
- Production capacity to keep up with high demand.
- Currently being purchased by Governments including: UK, Poland, Germany, Middle East, Israel pending.
Depending on volumes, typically available within a week of an approved order being accepted.
For more information, e.g. product info sheets, safety data sheets, pricing and more contact us.
- Completely insert the sterilized swab supplied in this kit into the nasal basin. This helps ensure a high quality sample.
- Swab several times to collect the epidermal cells of the mucus.
Sample preparation procedure
- Insert the test extraction tube into the tube stand. Make sure that the tube is firmly seated.
- Add 0.3 mL (about 10 drops) of the sample extraction buffer into the extraction tube.
- Place the swab specimen in the extraction buffer tube. Rotate the swab for approx. 10 secs while pressing the head against the inside of the tube. This releases the antigen in the swab.
- Remove the swab pressing the head against the inside of tube as you remove it to expel as much liquid as possible from the swab.
- Screw on and tighten the cap onto the specimen collection tube.
- Discard the swab in accordance with your biohazard waste disposal protocol.
- Add 3 drops of the solution (approx.80ul) to the sample well and then start the timer.
- After 10 minutes the result is visible. Read the results 10~20 minutes. After 20 minutes the results are invalid.
- Test device
- Package insert
- Sterilized swab
- Nozzle with filter
- Extraction tube
- Tube stand
- Sample extraction buffer
Required but not included:
- Timing device
Packing, Transportation & Storage
- Store the SARS-Cov-2 Antigen Rapid T est Cassette (Swab) at room temperature or refrigerated (2-30°C)
- Do not freeze
- All reagents are stable until the expiration dates marked on their outer packaging and buffer vial